As large cities are increasing their population and urban living is becoming more popular, residing in a good location has become incredibly unobtainable for many. However, the rising interest in tiny living spaces has boomed over recent months and years, and micro-apartments may be the next big thing.
Micro-apartments are small living spaces in desirable neighborhoods that may offer a solution to the problem of high housing costs. These apartments allow residents to live in a central location for a lower total rent – as long as the resident is content with less space in which to live.
Advantages of Micro-Apartments
- Standard micro-apartments average 400 to 500 square feet and do not lack for anything. They have beautiful furniture, sleep countertops, stainless steel appliances, washers, and dryers. The units are designed with space-saving features, including pull-down beds, tables that fold up, and hidden or very small appliances.
- They provide a win/win for both renters as well as developers and landlords. The landlords get the highest rent per square foot, and tenants have an affordable place to themselves in the city with all the bells and whistles and comforts. Even though the cost per square foot can be higher, quite often the units are small enough to still save renters money on utilities.
- Micro-apartments help the environment by providing comfortable and sustainable housing for many people in one area. The land footprint of the average tenant decreases as they take on a smaller living space.
FAQs About Micro-Apartments
- Is micro-living in a tiny apartment right for me?
With the exorbitant rise in city populations and increase in rents, tiny apartments have gained significant importance. A micro-apartment will help you live a complete life in a prime location with all facilities and features while saving money. Hence, it may be the right choice for you.
- Are micro apartments easier to maintain?
A tiny apartment cannot hold items randomly without a place or purpose, making you buy things that you really need or love. Also, smaller spaces and less stuff are easier to clean and maintain, consequently allowing you more free time to spend in leisure.
- Can tiny apartments make me feel at home?
Yes! Though living spaces are small, tiny apartments have everything required for a modern lifestyle. They provide benefits such as cost savings on rents and utilities, cohesiveness, flexibility, minimal environmental impact, and efficiency. Enjoying and experiencing these features and advantages will certainly make you feel at home!
Quite simply, micro-apartments are the future. At Fidelity Mortgage Lenders, we can help you secure the right loan for your needs. To get started, contact us or give us a call at (800) 752-9533.